Study the business of play
Day Home Provider
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
|There are no further intakes available for this academic year.|
TUITION & FEES
- Grade 5 or equivalent in reading and writing
- Police Information Check; must include vulnerable sector check current to within six months prior to program start
- Intervention Record Check current to within six months prior to program start
This program focuses on both academic and occupational skills through the content of early childhood training. Learn programming, job presentation skills, and how to run a day home business.
This program is designed for English language learners.
The Day Home Provider program is a 10-month integrated skills program that focuses on both academic skills and occupational skills through the content of early childhood training. This is a hands-on program where students are immersed in activities and learning outcomes related to child care.
Program highlights include the following:
- Supervised field experience
- Opportunity to build a personal children's resource collection
- NorQuest College certificate
- Employment networking opportunities
- Strong emphasis on building good communication skills
Students learn about the following subjects:
- Early childhood development
- Nutritional planning
- Safety training and emergency planning
- Best practices for day home providers
- Professional code of ethics
- Running a home-based business
This program includes 110 hours of field experience.