Community Support Worker
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
TUITION & FEES
- 60% in English 30-1 or English 30-2 or equivalent or 60% in English for Academic Purposes – Reading and Writing EAP II (ESLG1898) and English for Academic Purposes – Listening and Speaking EAP II (ESGL ESLG1899)
- 60% in English 30-1 or English 30-2 or equivalent or 60% in English for Academic Purposes – Reading and Writing EAP II (ESLG1898) and English for Academic Purposes – Listening and Speaking EAP II (ESLG1899)
Conditional or provisional admission may be granted to applicants who are missing admission requirements after satisfying other conditions. See Admissions Process for more details.
English Language Proficiency Requirements
If English is your second language, you must provide proof of English language proficiency (ELP) prior to admission. ELP test results must have been obtained within two years of the start date of your program.
Acceptable evidence of ELP may be one of the following test scores:
- CLBA: no section score below 7
- IELTS Academic: 6; no section score below 5.5
- TOEFL iBT: 71
- CELPIP General: 7; no section score below 6
- CAEL: 60
- minimum of 80% in ESLS 7000 or ESLS 7100, and 80% in ESLW 7000 or ESLW 7100
Note: ELP is a separate requirement from the English academic admission requirement.
Practicum/Work Experience Requirements
The following is not required for admission purposes, but will be required before you attend the practicum. There may be additional costs associated with completing this requirement:
- Clear Police Information Check and Intervention Record Check. The original Police Information Check must be submitted in person, or by mail. Photocopies, faxes, scans, or emails are not accepted. See Work, Practicum, and Clinical Requirements for full details.
International students must obtain a co-op work permit before beginning the work-integrated learning component of the program. A medical exam may also be required. See Co-Op Work Permit for more information.
Students must attain a pass grade in each course to progress through the program.
To qualify for graduation, students must pass all courses.
- Overall grade point average (GPA) greater than or equal to 3.7
- The student must not have failed or repeated any courses