PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
|There are no further intakes available for this academic year.|
4 or 5 terms
TUITION & FEES
- 50% in English Language Arts 30-1 or English Language Arts 30-2 or completion of ESLG 1898 with a minimum 50% or equivalent
- 65% in Mathematics 20-1 or Mathematics 20-2 or equivalent, or 50% in Mathematics 30-1 or Mathematics 30-2 or equivalent*
* If it has been 10 or more years since you completed mathematics courses (i.e. Math 10, 20, 30 or Math 13, 23, 33), you will be required to complete a skills assessment, take a challenge exam, or complete upgrading to meet the mathematics requirement for this program.
Conditional or provisional admission may be granted to applicants who are missing admission requirements after satisfying other conditions. See Admissions Process for more details.
English Language Proficiency Requirements
If English is your second language, you must provide proof of English language proficiency (ELP) prior to admission. ELP test results must have been obtained within two years of the start date of your program.
Acceptable evidence of ELP may be one of the following test scores:
- CLBA: no section score below 7
- IELTS Academic: 6; no section score below 5.5
- TOEFL iBT: 71
- CELPIP General: 7; no section score below 6
- CAEL: 60
- minimum of 80% in ESLS 7000 or ESLS 7100 (or ESLG 2101), and 80% in ESLW 7000 or ESLW 7100 (or ESLG 2103)
Note: ELP is a separate requirement from the English academic admission requirement.
Practicum/Work Experience Requirements
Students must meet all of the following requirements to be eligible to participate in BUSD 1012:
- successful completion of 10 common first-year courses
- have not failed any of their courses
- a minimum GPA of 2.0 over the first year Business Administration courses
- successful completion of BUSD 1011
- successful completion of an interview process
- If you are an international student, you must obtain a co-op work permit. Apply for your co-op work permit at least four months before your co-op course.
Students must attain a pass grade in each course to progress through the program.
If you are a full-time student in the program and you fail two courses in a term, you will be placed on contractual departmental probation for the following term. Failure to meet the probation requirements may result in forced withdrawal from the full-time program for one full term. Readmission to the program will be subject to departmental review.
If you are a full-time student in the program and you fail three or more courses in any one term, you will be required to withdraw for one full term from the full-time program. Readmission to the program will be subject to departmental review.
To qualify for graduation, students must pass all courses and maintain an overall GPA of 2.0.
- Overall grade point average (GPA) greater than or equal to 3.7
- The student must not have failed or repeated any courses
Students require a laptop computer with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access), and a stable internet connection for this program. Learn more about Bring Your Own Device.