Early Learning and Child Care Certificate
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
|There are no further intakes available for this academic year.|
TUITION & FEES
Total tuition: $4,256.00
Total fees: $1,006.00
Total tuition: $13,148.00
Total fees: $1,006.00
- 50% in English Language Arts 30-1 or English Language Arts 30-2 or equivalent; or
- successful completion of the GED, with a standard score of 520 in Language Arts: Reading and Writing; or
- successful completion of Written Communication (COMM1007)
Conditional or provisional admission may be granted to applicants who are missing admission requirements after satisfying other conditions. See Admissions Process for more details.
English Language Proficiency Requirements
If English is your second language, you must provide proof of English language proficiency (ELP) prior to admission. ELP test results must have been obtained within two years of the start date of your program.
Acceptable evidence of ELP may be one of the following test scores:
- CLBA: no section score below 8
- IELTS Academic: 6.5; no section score below 6
- TOEFL iBT: 84; no section score below 21
- CELPIP General: 8; no section score below 7
- CAEL: 60; no section score below 60
- minimum of 80% in Listening/Speaking 8000 (ESLS8000) or Listening/Speaking 8100 (ESLS8100), and 80% in Reading/Writing 8000 (ESLW8000) or Reading/Writing 8100 (ESLW8100); or minimum of 50% in English for Academic Purposes - Reading and Writing (ESLG1860) and English for Academic Purposes - Listening and Speaking (ESLG1861)
Note: ELP is a separate requirement from the English academic admission requirement.
Practicum/Work Experience Requirements
The following is not required for admission purposes, but will be required before you attend the practicum. There may be additional costs associated with completing this requirement.
- Clear Police Information Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check. The original Police Information Check must be submitted in person, or by mail. Photocopies, faxes, scans, or emails are not accepted. See Work, Practicum, and Clinical Requirements for full details.
Students must attain a pass grade in each course to progress through the program.
To qualify for graduation, students must pass all courses with an overall GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Overall grade point average (GPA) greater than or equal to 3.7
- The student must not have failed or repeated any courses